Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Round 2

I have always had a section of my brain reserved for random things. I can recite old phone numbers, birthdays, anniversaries of special memories, what I wore to this event or that....I could go on!

So, today when I realized it was June 1st, I thought about June 1st, 2007.

I was about 6 months pregnant with Jackson, and I had not felt him move very much in the days prior, so I called the doctor and he told me to come in for a sonogram.

I was so scared-I was just convinced something was wrong-and I was in tears when I got to the doctor's office. I vividly remember laying on the table as the doctor did the sonogram to check on Jackson. The first thing he said was "Look, he's sticking his tongue out!"

I laughed through my tears, so relieved that nothing was wrong and I'm pretty sure I promised I was gonna swat his bottom for scaring me! Everything about that day is still so clear in my head.

Cut to today, exactly three years later.

I would have never, ever in a million years guessed that I would be taking that same baby that I watched on that screen to a pediatric oncologist for his 2nd round of chemotherapy. It is still mind-boggling to me that it's happening. To MY Jackson.

Either way, whether I can come to terms with it or not, it's happening. And I have to put on my big girl panties and deal with it! But I don't have to like it.

Round 2 in pictures...


{mohawk-check. shades-check. let's do this.}


{playing fooseball with Daddy in the waiting/play room}


{being silly with Mommy on the big Dr. Seuss-like couch}


{relaxing with Daddy (Ryan would probably like me to mention he left work to be at the appointment, thus the lovely GP shirt!)}


{trying to sweet talk the nurse}


{still trying}


{it didn't work}


{we love Dr. Goldman}


{a treat after}


{crashed on the way home}


{time for some no-pants dancing!}


{the culprit. the circle is his bladder, the odd shape on the left is the tumor}

He did so well today-I am amazed at his resilience. Of course he was not happy about being poked and proded, but he got through it and then carried on playing and smiling.

I have so much love for that little guy that my heart is going to run straight out of my chest. It is so hard to watch him go through this and have even half an ounce of pain. I keep telling myself that everything we are putting him through is one step closer to our goal, but that doesn't make watching the process any easier on a Momma's heart.

Thank you for all of your prayers.

♥♥♥

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails