Sunday, June 6, 2010

Today

I want to cry. I want to whine. I want to feel sorry for myself, my baby, my family, for having to endure this.

I want to rewind. I want to hide under the covers. I want to pretend this isn't real.

I want his scars to go away. I want all the pain to go away. I want the stupid tumor to go away.

But, today--and tomorrow and the next day and the day after that--I cannot cry. I cannot whine and I cannot feel sorry for myself.

I have two little boys who need me. It's my job to be strong, to make it fun to do the things no toddler should ever have to do. It's my job to make every day a happy day.

So, I will be strong and I will remember all of the blessings that we have and I will be thankful.

Each day is a step closer to our goal.

Tomorrow is Round 3 of Chemo. Please pray it goes well and that his counts go up.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6


♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers! Find those moments when it is quiet and you don't have to be strong and let it flow. I have to take those moments whenever I can even if it is in the shower. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I am sitting here crying for you! Please know I am praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails